Posts Tagged ‘realtor’
BUYING YOUR DREAM HOME? DON’T DO THIS!
Buying a home is an immense purchase, most likely the largest you will make during your lifetime. Avoid self-sabotaging and ensure your journey to home ownership goes smoothly every step of the way. Here are three things you may want to avoid:
1. For Sale by Owner
Trying to sell your home by yourself is sheer madness. Your real estate agent will have your best interest in mind, gearing you in the right direction. This professional will guide you through the process including the piles of paperwork that can seem extremely overwhelming. Please contact GreenTree Properties and we will represent you all the way home.
2. New Lines of Credit
Your credit score can be a game changer. During contract you do not want to do anything that will impact your credit score. That includes buying a car, boat, or any other large purchase that has to be financed. Along the same lines, your credit score needs to remain stable during the closing process. Opening new lines of credit can make your FICO score drop and send up a red flag to your lender. Avoid doing this at all costs!
And here is a great tip from Realtor.com
3. Saying too much—and undercutting your negotiating power
Be careful what you say when you’re viewing a property at an open house or home showing. For instance, if the listing agent hears you say to your spouse, “I love this house, and it’s way under our budget,” the seller might try to play hardball when you try to negotiate on price. Keep private conversations private.
Questions? We are happy to help. Please get in touch with Greentree Properties at (949) 492-0090 or here.
The importance of real estate agents
While it’s easy to look up information online and try to sell your house on your own. Real Estate Agents can provide you with the expertise to get the most value for your home.
Here are just 4 ways that a Real Estate Agent can add value to your home sale:
- Education and experience: Most real estate agents have extensive knowledge in the market. They know all the tricks in the book and can really help you get the most value out of your home.
- Provide price guidance: Agents can look at recent data from sales in the area and determine the best price. Agents tend to look at market supply, demand and the conditions to pick the best price. In addition, they can come up with a game plan to help you negotiate the price with potential buyers.
- Negotiation skills and confidence: Real estate agents have the unique ability to remove themselves from emotional aspects of the housing process. Agents can easily showcase their clients house in the best light and negotiate the best price.
- Handling paperwork and answering questions: There’s no shortage of paperwork to be done when you are selling a home. An agent can walk you through all the steps of filing the paperwork and they are available to answer questions even after the sale has gone through. A good agent will always be on stand by and ready to assist you so that you do not run into any legal trouble while finalizing the sale of your home.